The Urban League of Greater Hartford has been providing training to participants in the Greater Hartford region for 46 years. Since its inception, the program has maintained an exemplary record of performance in assisting participants to achieve economic self-sufficiency through self-sustaining employment in high demand, high growth careers.
Our programs are taught by certified dedicated professionals and include internships throughout the Greater Hartford region. Classroom training, followed by hands-on internships, leads to employment opportunities in the high-demand high-growth field of Allied Health.
Our programs provide:
- Dedicated staff and support services
- Flexible schedules
- Job placement
- Internship opportunities at Hartford Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, New Britain Hospital, UCONN Health Center, Town of Manchester, CVS, Stop & Shop and Walgreen's Pharmacies
The Education and Training Department provides:
- Core career competencies in all Allied Health courses including: Math, Reading, Customer Service, Employability Skills and Computer Literacy
- Training in three state-of-the-art computer labs and classrooms
- DSL Internet, LCD projection, video and digital equipment, color printers, and color scanners
- Instruction by degreed, certified professionals
For more information contact Bruce Sievers 860.527.0147